Teideal as Gaeilge: Obair Fhoirne
Award Type: Minor
Credit Value: 15
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work as an effective member of a team, operating independently while under general direction and within a range of diverse, team-oriented environments.
Learners will be able to:
1. Examine the concept, features, types and impact of teamwork within diverse formal and informal structures, for organisations, systems and individuals
2. Analyse the roles, responsibilities, characteristics and skills of team members, including leaders, coaches and trainers
3. Analyse the elements and stages of team development
4. Summarise key opportunities and challenges of inter- and intra-teamwork or of multi-team environments
5. Participate in setting team objectives and subsequent evaluation, to include control mechanisms such as ongoing feedback and documentation, and performance measurement
6. Participate in core teamworking activities, to include negotiation, problem-solving, finding solutions, decision-making and conflict resolution
7. Demonstrate appropriate communications, problem-solving and negotiation techniques in a range of teamworking situations and roles, to include leadership roles and giving and receiving feedback
8. Monitor personal strengths and weaknesses as a team participant, including interpersonal communications skills and problem-solving skills.