QQI Level 5 in Desktop Publishing
- Enhance your CV with an internationally recognized qualification and the practical skills that employers across all sectors look for in potential employees!
- This ten week course will equip learners with the means to:
- Distinguish between desktop publishing and other
forms of document production with reference to
purpose, development process, and specialised DTP
- Describe the characteristics of key components of
DTP systems including those used for input, storage,
protection, processing, output, and transmission of
images and data.
- Outline the essential considerations for handling text
and graphics in DTP documents including size,
resolution, format, placement, orientation and colour,
in the context of a range of page layouts.
- Describe the legal implications associated with use
and protection of published material including
licencing and copyright.
- Generate graphic content using a DTP application to
create, import, capture and manipulate images and
- Set up a document for publication or printing
specifying all required layout characteristics such as
page, text, frame and table setup.
- Create a range of possible designs to meet a given
brief with due consideration for production cost,
presentation format and environment, and print
- Fulfil the requirements of a client brief completing all
stages in the publication process including
requirements analysis and definition, solution design,
planning, production, finishing, printing and
- Analyse existing documents making appropriate
recommendations for improvement.
Enquire or enrol today! Call The Noreside Centre Kilkenny on (056) 7762146, email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call into our reception on Dean Street, Kilkenny!